We warmly invite you to participate in the,
II INTERNATIONAL MEMORIAL PABLO ATARS 2019 (VEN)
To be played in the ICCF Webserver
International Open in 10 categories by rating (rating list 2019-2)
Organizer: Postal Chess Federation of Venezuela FEDAPVEN
Time control: Triple Block (302)
Start date: May 15, 2019
– 35 EUROS to the winner of each section in groups 1 and 2.
– 30 EUROS to the winner of each section in groups 3 and 4.
– 25 EUROS to the winner of each section in groups 5 and 6.
– 20 EUROS to the winner of each section in groups 7 and 8.
– 15 EUROS to the winner of each section in groups 9 and 10
Registration by Participant: 10 EUROS through PayPal (email@example.com)
TO: César Jesús Reyes Maldonado (VEN)
TD: IA Juan Martello (ARG)
Cat.: 7+ (2401 +)
Cat.: 5-6 (2351-2400)
Cat.: 3-4 (2301-2350)
Cat.: 1-2 (2251-2300)
Cat.: K-L (2201-2250)
Cat.: I-J (2151-2200)
Cat.: G-H (2101-2150)
Cat.: E-F (2051-2100)
Cat.: A-D (1951-2050)
Cat.: Without Category (1950 or less)
II International Tournament “Por Venezuela” Pablo Atars Memorial 2019
It is not a secret in our globalized world, the severe crisis being endured by Venezuela with implications in the social, political and economical levels. However, as noble people, warriors and liberators, we do not doubt that the solution lies in love, peace and initiatives such as this event “POR VENEZUELA”, an international correspondence chess tournament that summons all players in the World to support our entrepreneurial nation and, in passing, pay permanent tribute to the memory of a great player in the history of Venezuelan and Latin American chess, Don Pablo Atars.
The Venezuelan Federation of Postal Chess (Fedap-Ven) announces the II CORRESPONDENCE CHESS TOURNAMENT IN MEMORY OF PABLO ATARS (1904-1976), a notable player of latvian origin, excellent and disciplined leader, journalist and chess organizer on behalf of Venezuela.
PABLO ATARS was a collaborator of the prestigious monthly chess magazine “Sacha Pasaule-Chess World” of the United States (USA) between 1961 to 1967 where he elaborated specialized articles about the latvian gambit. He also promoted correspondence thematic events on this Gambit, such as the “Betins correspondence memorial”. After his death in 1976, the american Ojars Leonhards Purins continued organizing the “Betins memorial” tournaments and later on the “Atars memorial” tournaments from 1976 to 1980.
Pablo Atars obtained the Latin American Postal Master (MLP) title in 1967 when he placed 5th place in the I CADAP Zonal Tournament (won by the Venezuelan Celso Sánchez Pouso). As a leader, Atars was part of the Committee of Vice Presidents of CADAP during the period 1969-1976, the year of his death.
Along with CADAP (already disappeared entity), FEDAPVEN organized the 1st Tournament in Tribute to Pablo Atars in 2016, giving it rank of american zone tournament, exclusive for american zone 2 players and some international guests. In this second edition, FEDAPVEN has made an effort to give it international character, hence the call is extended to all ICCF players in the world who wish to participate.
1) FEDAPVEN, through a correspondence chess tournament, wants to set an example of initiative and entrepreneurship in the midst of a crisis “Por Venezuela”.
2) FEDAPVEN pays permanent posthumous tribute to this renowned character in the history of venezuelan and latin american postal chess, Pablo Atars.
3) FEDAPVEN aims to bring together the largest number of chess players of all categories around an international brotherhood event “Por Venezuela”.
4) FEDAPVEN wants to offer all participating chess players the possibility of obtaining official ICCF titles such as GM, IM, SIM, CCM and CCE.
5) FEDAPVEN aims to recognize with a cash prize (EUROS) the champions of each group and sections that will be organized.
The upload date to the ICCF web server will be on April 30, 2019 and clocks will be activated on May 15, 2019, start date. The Rating 2019-2 of the ICCF will be used.
The open tournament will be played in a single stage, by Groups, according to ICCF rating ranges. Each group can be divided into several sections, according to the minimum or maximum number of expected participants. Each section will have its independent award.
The Rating ranges in the respective Groups will be the following:
• Group 1: Rating 2401 or more (11-13 players).
• Group 2: Rating 2351 to 2400 (11-13 players).
• Group 3: Rating 2301 to 2350 (11-13 players).
• Group 4: Rating 2251 to 2300 (11-13 players).
• Group 5: Rating 2201 to 2250 (9-11 Players).
• Group 6: Rating 2151 to 2200 (9-11 Players).
• Group 7: Rating 2101 to 2150 (9-11 Players).
• Group 8: Rating 2051 to 2100 (9-11 Players).
• Group 9: Rating 1951 to 2050 (7-9 players).
• Group 10: Rating 1950 or less (7-9 players).
This is a server tournament.
The start date: 05-15-2019.
End date: 03-13-2020.
Triple block system for a 302 day event, with an initial bank of 51 days and a 1 day increment for the first 50 movements played.
If a player’s clock reaches zero, the player automatically scores with a loss (even if the bank and / or the increase is> 0). Under some circumstances, all player’s games will be canceled later (if they are not yet classified). Players can not stop their clocks. Linear conditions can be entered. This tournament allows claims based on the six-piece base. The 50 movements rule does not apply in positions with seven or fewer pieces. Draw offers are restricted to one offer per player every 10 moves (called the 10-move draw rule). Tiebreaks are defined by ICCF rules. Other participants can watch the games live after 10 games have ended in the event. The live broadcast is delayed by 5 moves. The public can see the games live after 10 games have ended in the event. The live broadcast is delayed by 5 moves.
This event is organized by Reyes Maldonado, César Jesús.
The cost of the tournament will be 10 EUROS per player, per ticket. Multiple entries are allowed per player according to the number of sections that are structured in each Group.
The registration deadline will be April 28, 2019.
The entries must contain the following information:
• Player’s name
• Email address
• ICCF ID
• Number of entries.
Cash prizes and title rules
• 35-30-25-20-15 EUROS to the absolute winner of each section.
• GM, SIM, IM, CCM and CCE rules according to the category of the groups that are formed in each section.
There is ONE SINGLE way of registration: Transfer via PayPal to the account firstname.lastname@example.org. This can be done directly by the player, a relative or, his National Federation, League or Club, in the case of registration of multiple players of the same nationality or team.
CCM / ML César Jesús Reyes Maldonado
President of FEDAP-VEN